J-B Weld 8297 High Heat Resistant Epoxy Stick is a hand mixable epoxy putty stick specifically formulated to bond and repair materials that will be exposed to high temperatures in automotive and industrial maintenance applications. It cures to a tough, hard bond with little to no shrinkage. This industrial-strength product outperforms conventional epoxy putties at high temperatures and sets in 1 hour at room temperature. After 8 hours, it can be drilled, tapped, machined, ground, filed and painted. HighHeat™ is rated at a tensile strength of 4000 PSI and cures to a machine grey in color. It is able to withstand continuous heat exposure of 450ºF and intermittent heat exposure to 500ºF.
- Exhaust Manifolds
- Tail Pipes
- Engine Blocks
- Duct Work
- High Temperature Projects
- And More
More About JB Weld 8297CAN HighHeat 550 Degree Epoxy Putty Stick
- J-B WELD HIGHHEAT: A hand mixable two part epoxy putty stick that is formulated to repair and rebuild materials that will be exposed to high temperatures in automotive and industrial maintenance applications. J-B Weld HighHeat is designed for DIY repairs on exhaust manifolds, tail pipes, mufflers, engine blocks, duct work and other various high temperature projects.
- CURE AND SET TIME: After kneading the two part formula together by hand, HighHeat takes 1 hour to set and cures in 8 hours. J-B Weld HighHeat set and cure color is machine grey.
- PRODUCT FEATURES AND STRENGTH: J-B Weld HighHeat has lap shear strength of 800 PSI at room temperature and 600 PSI at 400oF (204oC) or more. HighHeat is able to withstand continuous heat up to 450oF (232oC) and intermittent heat of 500oF (260oC). HighHeat is 3x stronger at higher temperatures than conventional epoxy puttys and can be tapped and drilled.
- MAJOR USES: Exhaust Manifolds, Tail Pipes, Mufflers, Engine Blocks, Duct Work, Machinery and other high temperature equipment.
- DO IT YOURSELF: Big or small, you can DIY it with J-B Weld. Our heavy duty epoxy and adhesives repair & restore it right the first time. J-B Weld delivers superior performance, quality, and results for the World’s Strongest Bond.